Doordarshan is inviting applications from producers whose films have won national awards, been shown in Indian Panorama, or traveled to key international film festivals to be telecast under “Best of Indian Cinema” series.
DearCinema.com had reported earlier that Doordarshan will offer a fixed royalty of ?25 Lakh for television premieres and ?15 Lakh for regular telecasts.
Films made after 2000 which meet one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:-
1. Films which have won Swarna Kamal National Award conferred for Best Feature Film for the year.
2. Swarna Kamal National Award conferred for Best Direction.
3. National Award conferred for Best Feature Film in an Indian Language/Dialect (including Hindi, Urdu, and English).
4. Indira Gandhi Award conferred for the Best First Film of a Director.
5. Films which have been selected for the Indian Panorama section of International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
6. Films which have been invited to any of these festivals: Cannes, Berlin, Venice, Toronto, Locarno, London, Karlovy Vary, Nantes(Festival de 3 Continents), Rotterdam, Fribourg, Munich, Busan, Hongkong, Tokyo, Rome &, Sydney.
A proposal received under this scheme shall invariably contain:
a) Offer Form duly filled.
b) Copy of Link Agreement(s), if any, duly notarized in order to establish
the rights (terrestrial & satellite) of the Film.
c) Notarized copy of Censor Certificate(s).
d) Synopsis/Booklet along with English/Hindi translation.
e) DVD of the Film.
f) Indemnity Bond on a stamp paper of Rs.100/- duly notarized.
g) Declaration on a stamp paper of Rs 100/- duly notarized.
h) Affidavit on a stamp paper of Rs 100/- duly notarized.
i) Publicity Materials i.e. Stills etc.
j) Copy of Award Certificate(s)/Participation Certificate duly notarized.
k) Copy of Pan Card.
Application Fee: The Proposal shall be accompanied by a non-refundable processing fee
of Rs.10,000/- by Bank Draft payable in favour of “PBBCI” Directorate
General, Doordarshan at New Delhi”.
Selection: The proposals received and found complete will be processed in three stages:
(a) Selection Committee: This Committee under chairmanship of DG, Doordarshan comprising of eminent film makers will select the films.
(b) Preview: The films selected by the Selection Committee shall be put up to the Preview Committee of concerned Regional Kendra for preview of the film. The main aim of the Committee is just to check the language etc. for Doordarshan viewing and suggest the deletion if any. Preview Committee cannot reject any awarded film selected for telecast by Selection Committee.
(c) Technical Preview: The Committee which will work under the control of Engineering Head of Doordarshan Kendra, New Delhi will preview the technical quality of the telecast tapes with English or Hindi subtitle supplied by the Applicant and ensure good quality of print for telecast. Concerned Regional Kendras will technically preview the telecast tape of the film in original version.
You can find the complete guidelines here:-